Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Diva Treatment

This box at Harris Teeter has my favorite button to push!  I drive up in front of the store and push the button and tell them I am here for my groceries.  This way of shopping has been awesome!  For instance, this week, I went shopping Sunday night, my groceries were gathered while I was at the water park Monday, and I picked them up on the way home from the water park while the boys were sleeping in the car. 

I started doing this when I got so busy at the end of the school year that it seemed I never had time to go the store and we were eating out too much.   Then I got hooked.  The personal shoppers are very nice and they will substitute other brands or bigger sizes of items at the same price.  But I do feel a little embarrassed when I am just sitting there as other people are walking in to buy their groceries the old fashioned way.  I do get out and help them load the groceries, although I think I could just sit in the car while they do it.  I guess I am not that used to people waiting on me.    

There is a fee, but this summer it is only 1.95 per visit.  Normally it is 4.95.  I justify this by they fact that we are actually eating at home more and that I don't buy the extra things not on my list that are too enticing to pass up.  Also, no boys are begging for donuts or other items.  And it is fun to do!

So for now, I will accept my diva treatment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment