Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, July 13, 2012

A Prom to Remember

Seven years ago I started working with a camp for children with multiple disabilities. I can remember the time well because I was pregnant with Camden! I have not worked at the camp for the past two summers because I feel like my children need me during the summer first of all. I do miss the kids at camp though, so the boys and I usually head up to the end of the camp celebration. This year it was a prom, complete with king and queen! It was a fun time and the kids enjoyed dancing with the counselors. In fact the counselors and parents enjoyed dancing too! Of course Nathan and Camden weren't shy about cutting a rug; although Nathan may have been a little embarrassed when I started dancing around him! At first he wouldn't dance with me, but after moving on to Camden, he cut in and decided it was cool to dance with his mom! All in all, it was a great prom and kudos to the organizers of the Pattison's Prom! It was awesome!
Hanging with my buddy Lamaun!

Camden dancing with the Prom Princess Haylie...she is the one who held his hand...she is so sweet!

Nathan was supposed to be the date of Bailey, one of the counselors and an old friend.  He was not sure of this situation.
So Bailey dance with Camden instead!

 Me and my handsome sons!
Camden always makes the goofiest faces in pictures!

Luke, one of the coolest kids I know, with his date, a daughter of one of the counselors.  Although his body is handicapped, his mind is not and he knew who he wanted as his date!

No comments:

Post a Comment