Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eat Local

Today we ate local, the new fad!  And it was very tasty!  We divided our conquests today.  Mom, Camden and I went to the local farmers market.  We bought corn, plums, grapes, beets (not my favorite), lima beans, asparagus, olives, and the best pickles I have eaten in a long time.  We also bought shrimp that the man said were swimming in the ocean yesterday! 

But the best part of our dinner was what was swimming in the waters today!  And the fact that my dad was finally able to catch a fish with Dave for the first time.  Every time Dave takes my dad fishing, they both never catch anything.  Except today.  Dave caught a flounder and a sea trout and Dad caught a red drum.  It was an inshore slam (Dave's words!). 



What a fun SC certified day!

No comments:

Post a Comment