Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, July 27, 2012

It began with a chair


In college, I would buy a cool pair of tights and then have to buy an outfit to match.  Well, I also did this a year or two ago!  But this time, it was a chair!  Dave and I were at Costco one day and I saw this chair that I really liked.  I know he didn't like the plaid chair that came with the house, so I proposed that we get this chair instead.  We didn't make an impulse decision that day; but the next day, when I came home from dropping off the boys with my parents for the weekend, this chair was in the living room.  What a great way to start a weekend! 

But the chair did not go as well with the burnt red walls.  Chocolate brown would be better.  And the walls did not go so well with the reddish window treatments.  But Lowes had a perfect pair.  And the rod holders didn't fit the new curtains.  But Target had brownish metal rods that really look great with the new wall color. 

So after a week of painting and moving furniture around and getting rid of all that dust that accumulates under furniture, we have a new living room.  All because of a chair! 


2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I wish I had your knack for picking out colors and accessorizing a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! It looks even better in person.... and reads a lot like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. :) Tara

    ReplyDelete