Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It was actually a good prank!

Our church is having a churchwide "mission trip" to Charleston this week, and the youth are staying at the church to be available for whatever tasks are needed of them.  Nathan is staying up there and since he is new to this whole youth thing, I have stayed up there a couple of nights at well.

The first night I stayed there was uneventful.  I had taken my Ipad in order to read at night, and of course some of the girls wanted to look at it and play the games.  So on the second night I stayed there, one of the girls, whom will remain nameless, was playing on my Ipad right before lights out.  I was fine with that because I figured I would get it back and still be able to look at it after lights out.  But when she handed it back and got in her bed, I found that she had put a passcode on my Ipad!  After fiercely whispering to her put the code in, she did so.  I thought I could then go into the settings and change the passcode, but to my surprise, nothing was in English!  I think it was French.  Even my Ibooks were in French!  I still figured that I could change it easily, but from the other end of the room I hear, "Ladies, put the flashlight thing away.  Whatever is shining on the ceiling, put it away now." Between my frustration and the barely uncontrolled laughter of the other chaperon sleeping near me, I gave up and went to bed.    

Of course the next day I still could not get into my Ipad.  I finally got someone to put the passcode in correctly, but now the language was Chinese, I think!  And it was very hard to figure out which button to push in order to change the language or the passcode.  But finally I was able to get to English and put in a new passcode that no one knows but me!  I guess you could say that I have been initiated into the youth.  Things have definitely changed since we last worked with youth.  Now I need to learn to think smarter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment