Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, August 24, 2009

Going to see me!


When Dave and I could not decide on a name for Camden, we went to the handy list on the Internet and just picked one we liked (and then he changed his mind, but I changed it back, and that is a whole other story!). Yes, his name has no good meaning or family heritage, but it sounds good! Camden Scott Shirley-well at least he is in good company with his initials-C.S. Lewis has the same beginning initials!


Well, since I am always having to repeat what his name is-no, not Cameron, or Hamden, but like the city, Camden-we decided to visit Camden, SC. Well, there is not much in Camden this time of year. I think the only 2 things of interest are the horse races and the re-enactment at the revolutionary war battle site. Since neither one was happening, we got to walk around the battle site (fairly interesting) and look at the outside of the steeplechase museum. I was hoping for a cute downtown to walk around and eat lunch and look in shops, but alas, no such luck! We ate at a Mexican restaurant! but did find a bakery and bought lemon squares and cookies! At least they were yummy!



But Camden was mighty impressed! He kept saying, "Going to see me!" I guess he thinks the town is named after him! And he still is asking about going back to Camden! All I can say is, my Camden is much cuter than the town of Camden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment