Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 2 at the lake! Tuesday




Well, day 2 is almost over and it has been our first full day and a lot of fun! We did a little more than go out on the boat!?!? I got some scrapbooking done and got to kayak some. But, if you can see my legs well enough, you know that the tan part is not working!! Joey pulled me on the skis this morning and I did good, but when Dave pulled me on the wakeboard, I did a face-plant in the water that left me feeling my age!! I am glad I brought the Aleve! Nathan tried to ski, but got too frustrated! He did a lot better on the kneeboard, and even Hannah got up on the kneeboard. Dave and Corey both tried to show off on the wakeboard with pretty good results-a couple of wake jumps and several falls! How would your turn end without a fall! Tomorrow Joey will get out on the kneeboard for sure!!



Dave finishing his wake jump!

Corey wakeboarding


Nathan trying to ski-it will take a few more tries!




The kids spent the WHOLE day in the water! If they weren't on the boat (tubing, kneeboarding, jumping off the boat), then they were jumping off the end of the dock! Nathan is doing flips and cartwheels off the end along with running and jumping as far as he can. He reminds me of some commercial they used to show about summer (maybe Country Time) where little boys are running and jumping into a lake. Just the quintessential summer activity! What could be more fun!!!





The fisherpeople did a lot of fishing around the dock today and Joey caught a huge gar! Ugly fish! We threw him back! I am waiting for them to catch fish to eat! I bought fish breading and tarter sauce tonight because I have faith!



I got to pick Camden up from his fun day with Grammie and put him to bed with his brother! The water really wears a body out! He played in the kiddie pool water at my parents' while Nathan played in the lake water. Can't wait to see how Camden reacts to the water tomorrow! Nathan was balking about going to bed at 9:30!! But they both were asleep within 5 minutes! They look so cute sharing a bed-hope they both don't push each other off since they both are wiggle worms when they sleep!!



Good night until another fun day at the lake!!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Looks like ya'll are having a blast! Hope Nathan gets up on the skis before the week ends.

    ReplyDelete