Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Phelps Lake and some good food!

 



One half down left a lot of daytime for exploration in Jackson!  But first, I was hungry!!  I had talked to other runners that had eaten at an Italian restaurant in the hotel beside the Hostel, IL Villaggio Osterion.  I decided to go there for lunch and was not disappointed with my meatball sub, fries and salad!  

After lunch I was able to meet up with two solo lady runners I had met through the VR Friends team I had joined for the run.  I don't mind doing things by myself, but had been told numerous times to not go hiking by yourself in bear country!!  So I bought my bear spray and we headed to the Phelps Lake hike.  To say it was beautiful is an understatement!  It made me want to jump in the lake, but I refrained from doing so.  











My hiking buddies Maureen and Carol


As we were leaving the lake, we got to see a black bear near the bathroom!  We kept our distance, but the bear was not at all concerned with us!  He just kept eating while we watched. 


  


Selfie with a bear!






After my hiking buddies dropped me off, I decided to head into Jackson.  (Did I mention that our room was not exactly cozy and I really didn't want to hang out there?!?!)  I shopped some and got a good burger at Liberty Burgers along with a great huckleberry milkshake!!  


The antler arches in the Jackson Square

For me to drink anything but a chocolate milkshake is a big deal!  This was worth it, although I'm sure the chocolate would have been good too!


I took the long way back to the Hostel and stopped at an overlook to watch the sunset.  This is the overlook where Ansel Adams took a famous picture of the Tetons and the Snake River.  My pictures didn't come out quite as well!







After a long fun day, I was now tired!  So back to the Hostel for a good night's sleep to be ready to get Dave from the airport tomorrow!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment