Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Our second double VBS day!

Today we headed out to San Isidro again!  Before VBS actually begins, we get to hang out with the children and play games with them.  They enjoyed asking us how to say things in English!  They also enjoy looking at pictures on my phone!  And having their pictures taken!








I showed this boy Nathan's picture from Universal where he was wearing a Thing 2 shirt!  They both thought that was neat!







During the opening service, we got to do the VBS song with the audience, and not up in front.  I think they are seeing how much we are really messing up the motions!!  But doing it with the children turned out to be better anyway!!

I learned today that Pastor Cleber knows my name!  I heard "Amy, Amy" as he wanted me to help hold the puppet screen.  I got a back stage view of the puppet team!  They have fun!



I then also got called up with a several others to help with the story by holding up a word whenever it was said in the story.  I got the longest word and never could hear it!  The only way I knew when to hold it up was when the people beside me nudged me!



Craft time went more smoothly since we knew how many people to expect.  But the round balls didn't stay on as well as the buttons!  The Macas people brought us some of their glue to help us out!

Then our usual schedule of lunch at the church, a brief time at the house, and then to Shimpis for our second VBS!  I was able to see Abigail again today.



I also got to meet a girl named Adi. (I probably am not spelling that correctly!)  She is a girl with special needs.  She let me take her around to the different stations instead of her just staying with her mom.  She enjoyed the songs, the balloon, the snack and just hanging out!  She laughed a lot!  And seemed to laugh appropriately to things I said in English!  She spit one time, and I asked, "Hey, did you spit?'  She started laughing like she knew what I said....maybe she did!






While I was in the opening service with Adi, Pastor Cleber again called me by name and had me come up to do the VBS song, kind of by myself!!  I stood to the side with his wife!  I also got to help with the story again , but this time I made sure I got a word that was easier for me to hear!


This little boy loved playing with the ball!


She liked running up and down the board!


After VBS, we had a few hours before dinner.  Then the boys had a basketball game with Pastor Domingo and one or two other Macas boys.  And we also got pizza for a late night treat!  Although I wanted only cheese, there was a pepperoni and mushroom pizza that I had to eat!  The best topping combination ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment