Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanks for the socks!!


Dave and I did our first run together this past weekend!!  It was actually a scavenger hunt in downtown Charleston with running to each clue.  It was a lot of fun and we did it with another couple.  Originally we had planned on competing with this couple, but it turned out to be more fun to stay together.  Especially since Becky and I were running ahead of the guys most of the day :)  Out of 98 teams, we came in 7th and 8th, even though we were cut off at the last minute by half of another team.  We say we really beat them, but we compromise and say we tied for 7th.  I think that is pretty good since we weren't really trying that hard.  Maybe next year!!

Our last stop before sprinting to the finish!


Dave was a little tired and had a sore knee, but he had fun even if he doesn't look like it in this picture.

The weather was great for the race, but started to rain and get colder right after we got home.  And poor Dave had to take that time to fix my car!  He was a good sport to hang out downtown in the good weather and then come home and fix my car in the rain.  Thanks hon!

I got some crazy socks for Becky and me to wear in the race.  My friend Shannon asked if I had bought the super hero ones with the cape.  I had told her no and that I hadn't seen them.  Today, I found a package from her in my mailbox.  She had sent me 3 pairs of super hero socks!!  I hope I can keep Nathan from putting his stinky feet in them!  Next time I am in a race I will truly fly :)  Thanks so much Shannon for the socks...you are great!!


1 comment: