Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Putting miles on my new shoes!

I got another early birthday gift again from my mom...new running shoes.  She bought some last year on December for my birthday in February; and again this year.  I have used them 3 times now and they are starting to feel like they fit my feet :)

I am now up to 17 miles in my training.  I figure that I have run 5 half marathons in the past 5 weeks!  I only have 3 more long runs (meaning 18 to 22 miles each) before I take it easy with shorter runs (8 or 9 miles) and then do the real thing!  It is strange to say that 8 or 9 miles is a short run !

I have started eating a good energy bar before my long runs...nuts, salt and dark chocolate.  Yum!!  And then eating gummy bricks while running.  I even run through the park for a water fountain stop or put a bottle of water on my porch to use.  I am feeling good about this marathon thing; even though as I write this, my legs are a bit tired :)

I have followed the advice of one online person who said to always get your long run in.  It is working for me.  My advice to others who want to run long distance is to do the same and also get good shoes and a great running bra!  Makes a big difference!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the training is going well!!! You'll be signing up for all kind of half marathons now because they'll seem like a walk in the park :)

    ReplyDelete