Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thankfulness


 
 

Thanksgiving is over and I did not do the 28 days of thankfulness challenge since I know my weakness for not finishing things like that.  But I am truly thankful for all the blessings God has given me.  Since I just returned from visiting my sister and her family in Memphis, I am focusing on the family I saw this week.  I am thankful for my husband who supports me in all my crazy plans and lets me visit family even when he can't get off work.  And who paints Camden's room while we were gone and on his birthday. 

I am thankful for my sons.  Nathan is an intelligent and caring teenager.  Although he is starting to have some teenage behaviors, he still shows love and tenderness to his brother and his cousins.  Except when he gives his baby cousin weird football player names :)  Camden is still my cuddle bug, even though he is trying to grow up.  He is fun and crazy and loves that he can now read.  I like him reading too, except when he starts reading t-shirts at Myrtle Beach. 



I am thankful for my family.  My mom who helps drive me to Memphis and who shows love to all of her kids and grand kids by always being there for us.  My dad who always takes care of us and makes sure we are well fed.  My sister who is my best friend and is going to get to hang out with me soon on a girl's day.  My brother-in-law who gets up in 26 degree weather and takes us to the turkey day run.  My beautiful niece who still is great friends with Nathan and plays basketball with him.  My two older nephews who are full of energy and fun and make visits great for Camden.  And my new nephew Lincoln who has added a new dynamic to our family.  A new, good dynamic! 







We had a great Thanksgiving and I am also thankful that my family gets along so well.  Lots of turkey, shopping, games, pictures, movies, and running.  What better way to spend family time together!!








1 comment:

  1. Aww! Sweet! I am so thankful for you and yours too! Very thankful y'all came here for Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you at Christmas

    ReplyDelete