Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Georgia Getaway

Since it is Spring Break, I decided to take the boys on a Georgia getaway trip.  Nathan is still doing state books, and after our trip to NC several years ago, I have been waiting for the GA book to come to give us an excuse to take a field trip to GA!  It came about a month ago, so perfect timing!!

We left Tuesday morning, after voting, and didn't stop until we were in GA for us to eat; at Taco Bell!  For me, though, this was a Taco Bell that I remember from having lived here when I was Nathan's age.  But our ultimate destination was Tybee Island.  We had checked the weather and had dressed for the temps in jeans and t-shirts (or shorts for Nathan); but as we were finding  place to park at the busy Spring Break Tybee Island, I thought that I would probably regret not wearing shorts myself as everyone I saw was walking in their bathing suits.  When we got out of the car, however, I figured they all must be nuts because it was not a hot day.  I was very comfortable hiding my white legs in my jeans :) 

We went to the marine center and saw some cute jellyfish, cool turtles, and got to watch snails do flips in the water.  It was fun, and brief.  We took a walk on the beach and ate some ice cream, and got lots of sand in our shoes. 





After we took in the beach, we decided to go to the lighthouse.  But,
 
and of course today was Tuesday!
 
So we headed to Fort Pulaski.  Camden had wanted to take a hike, and this National Park had places to hike in addition to the fort itself.  The boys had fun exploring the fort, and we had a good time walking out to see the Cockspur Lighthouse. 
 



Camden becoming a Junior Ranger!
 
We ended the day with an awesome dinner at The Crab Shack.  It is the coolest restaurant that Dave and I had found years ago.  You can eat outside or in, but the inside has has trees growing through it, so it is like outside.  And they have a gator pond.  And the food is awesome!!!




Being eaten by an alligator is a little scary!
 




Now we are relaxing at the hotel.  Cuddling, since that is Camden's favorite word today!  One more day of our short vacation.  We will see what fun we can find tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment