Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, January 14, 2013

The 2nd, no 4th Christmas!!

Well, we arrived in Memphis to be greeted with snow!!  It was very pretty, although I think I should have planned better with what I packed.  Charleston weather is making me think everyone has 70's in the winter!  After spending time playing in the snow...

and taking everyone out of the house so that Jenn could get some rest, we had present time number 4!


The quilt I made for Jennifer...don't get germs on it!!


Nathan and Camden found these jackets for Josiah and Declan


Rob got a book and a KISS ornament!!  He got to put it on the tree because Jenn felt too bad to stop him!


I needed a new wind chime!


All the kids got movies from Grammie and Grandaddy!

After Jenn started feeling better, we hoped we were on the mend.  These people had been dealing with the bug since the beginning of Dec!!  But I think all nights except one, someone was sick.  That meant we stayed home a lot!!  And it seemed that right when one would start to feel better, another would get it.  At first it was just Declan and Josiah.  We even quarantined their rooms and Camden slept with me.  Then we let him in Josiah's room because we thought he was all better.  Well, that was not the best idea!  Yes, he got it and since he then was back with me, I got it.  The best thing I can say about this bug was that Nathan did not get it!!  He had a bowl game to go to and could not get sick.  He could only play with Ashton!  And even though we didn't do much, it seems like we still got a lot of pictures!


Letting the kids get out in the cold trying to kill more germs!!


And we did do one outing (other than shopping that is); we went to the Planetarium to see a starry show about the Star to Bethlehem.  It was really good and everyone enjoyed it.  We even went to get Jerry's snowcones after to celebrate. 



Watching the stars!


Grammie and her babies!


This year everyone got stompies and Star War Angry Birds.  Nathan named his Darth Bacon, and Camden named his Macaroni!


The two turkey watchers!

We ended our time together with another turkey dinner.  I got out of any kitchen duty because that was the day I was sick...no one wanted me in the kitchen!  But at least I felt better by dinner time and could eat some of that delicious turkey!!!

The next day, New Year's Eve, we got up bright and early to head to Atlanta to meet Dave for the Chick-fil-a bowl!!  What a way to bring in the New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment