Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas Day Part 2

Well, I am a little out of order on my Christmas posts....so now I am back to Christmas Day.  It was a different kind of Christmas.  No sitting around looking at your presents and the paper mess.  No, we hit the road.  We headed to my parents right after breakfast and did another round of presents with them.  Then we got to eat an awesome Christmas lunch compliments of my parents.  I just had to bring cookies and fudge :)

 
Camden really wanted a Cuddlecuddleupit!

                                                           Nathan got a bow case!



 
Nathan had to play with Camden's present!



After relaxing a very little, we then hit the road again to get a head start on our trip to Memphis.  I never knew that so many other people drove on Christmas day!  But the hotel was empty and comfortable.  Although it became more and more cold as we made our way to TN!
The next morning we were set to get up early and surprise Jennifer (although she may have read my blog and figured out we were coming), but then her husband called and said we might want to turn around as Jenn was now sick with the stomach bug.  (Their family had been swapping it b ack and forth since the 10th!)  But we persevered and drove on to the house of germs; just taking more time than we had planned in hopes that she would recover by the time we arrived!  This was not to be the case,  but more on that later....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment