Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A tribute to letters

I started spring cleaning this January.  My thought was that why not clean during the cold months when I you don't want to go outdoors so that you are finished by the nice spring weather.  Well, if you are in Charleston, you know that it feels like spring most days this year!  Hard to work inside!

I haven't gotten too far, but I have the frig and kitchen done, and almost have finished my bedroom.  The biggest task in the bedroom was that I cleaned under my bed.  Moving a king size mattress is not easy.  Dave and I almost got buried underneath!!  Dusty boxes have been cleaned and I explored a box that Nathan and Camden will never have...a box of letters! When I used to go away to camp, the big thing was to get people's addresses. I guess now you just get email addreses! Or phone numbers to text each other. Long distance charges are a thing of the past! Or just look each other up on Facebook! Well I wanted to share a tidbit of my letter past. A letter that was actually from two crazy guys who lived close enough together to visit after camp. A Tim/Roddy letter where each of them could only write 3 lines before the other took over. And although I think it is sad that my boys won't have letters, I have to also be glad for technology that lets me not have to only have letters to remember people with. I am now friends again with many of my letters friends through FB! Maybe I should start saving emails in my cyber box to be able to read in the future! And hopefully saved emails will show up better than my old letters!! <

2 comments:

  1. what a great letter!! Are you FB friends with Tim & Roddy now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, in fact Tim wants me to post the rest of the letter! It got rather long and wordy !?!

      Delete