Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthdays!


Today is my niece Ashton's birthday. She was my first niece and I have been told she is a lot like me! Lucky her! Since her birthday is so close to Christmas, we generally give her her present at Christmas time. This year, however, we gave it to her at Thanksgiving. My mom and I took the boys to Memphis for Thanksgiving in 2011. While there, Jennifer mentioned that Ashton wanted a room makeover for her birthday. So I decided that her present from us would be to paint her room. She had definite ideas of what colors she wanted and didn't want. She wanted lime green and purple. Not mint green; not hunter green; not sage; lime! So we gave her lime green walls. The coloring of the pictures looks more yellowish than it turned out. And although we were skeptical about the brightness of her walls, it looked very nice for an 11 year old's room. I can't wait to see how she and her mom accessorize with purple!
hi
Everyone loves to paint when they are young!!
What is also special about this birthday is that it is Nathan's spiritual birthday. Five years ago on January 12, in the back seat of the car, Nathan started asking serious questions about asking Christ to be his Savior. At home that night in his room, he accepted Christ as his Savior. So happy birthday Nathan and Ashton!!! You two are the best cousins!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I just saw this! I'll have to send you pics of her the accessorized room so far!... I forgot that Nathan got saved on Ashton's birthday! That's so awesome! ~ Jenn

    ReplyDelete