Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spoiler alert!

I am adding some blessings today and ending with a reference to the Courageous movie. If you have not seen it, don't read on!

But first, my blessing #2. I am blessed to have a husband who has a job that allows me to be a mommy on the boys' day off from school. We visited the new park at Shem Creek. Well, it is really a long boardwalk/dock, but a very pretty view!

Blessing #3: Being able to teach Camden and the other Cubbies that they are a promise from God.

Blessing #4: Parents that live close enough for me to meet them halfway and give them Camden for the weekend. (Dave and Nathan were at a Father-Son weekend and I had the house to myself!)

Blessing #5: Being able to dance with my energetic son. We went to Moe's to eat after dinner with a gift card I received for Christmas (thanks Kathy!). Camden got up and started dancing to the music. He then wanted me to dance with him. I remembered the scene in "Courageous" in which the dad did not dance with his daughter and then she died not long after that. One regret he had was that he did not dance with his daughter. So I danced in Moe's. No, I did not get up, but I did dance in my seat and Camden was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment