Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Although not looking forward to turning 39 (or maybe it is 38, I get a little confused!), it is still fun to have people remember your birthday. It hasn't happened yet, but I have already had a surprise party at Cubbies; a gift from a family in the neighborhood that we carpool with; a card from a Cubbie; and Nathan's gift of making me a blanket. I had thought he was going to do this (with his trying to hide his whereabouts), and knew he had bought material, but he really surprised me that he had done it already. He couldn't wait to give it to me and I got my cuddly fleece blanket Monday night! It is soft and warm and made with love :)

He says he has something else for me that I am trying not to guess! He and Dave stopped at "Dick's" on the way home from Upwards practice last night. They were looking at "kneeboards". He didn't have to tell me they had stopped anywhere because they weren't that late, but he had to ask, "Are we home late mom? Dad wanted to stop at Dick's on the way home." He really gets excited about giving gifts! Will have to post tomorrow what else he got me and I hope I like the "kneeboard"!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll be able to use the "kneeboard" in your lake of a backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe they got you a snowboard instead :) you can bring it with you when come visit me & Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday my sweet friend!

    That Nathan is going to be a wonderful husband one day! I'm thankful there will be such thoughtful men around for my daughters.

    ReplyDelete