Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Big Day


Well, I have now entered the last year of my 30's. Seems weird. What really seems weird is that I remember when my mom turned 40 and I was in high school! When I will turn 40, I will have a 4 year old running around the house. Yikes!



But not 40 yet and I got to wake up with a 9 yr old and 3 yr old telling me "Happy Birthday." They were both so excited. Nathan had woken up at 6:00 in order to get breakfast ready; present wrapped, etc. He came in to quietly wake Dave to get help, but we were able to get him to go back to his room until almost 7. He wanted me to sleep in; that was a little hard to do with him in our room! But at 7 he and Dave put the cinnamon rolls into the oven and made me get back into bed when they were done. Got to eat them in bed along with receiving my "kneeboard" disguised as a Willow Tree statue. Nice beginning to the day!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I'm glad they let know how special you are today!

    ReplyDelete