Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rain, rain...


I am going to use this moment to try and be thankful during the rain! As you can see, our back yard has had enough rain for a long time-but since this is how our yard has looked most of the time since December '09, I need to get used to it..well a little exaggeration, but it has been soggy and muddy almost all of the time since December since it has done this pond imitation 4, 5, maybe more times since then.

But to be thankful...
1. If it is raining here, then in the mountains, they are enjoying snow, right? And if I get to go skiing this year, it may be on real snow. (No plans for that, but I did buy a GREAT coat for skiing tonight on clearance at Belks! If I have the coat, then we must need to go, right?)
2. I do enjoy listening to the rain at night, although with the cold and the rain combined, the heater accompanies this sound (but that is not being thankful unless I say I am very thankful that my heater does work!).
3. We may get to have a pool in our backyard soon; or at least a pond, a very muddy pond. And we probably have a pool already under our house since the sump pump is broken and it is too cold and rainy to fix! (But that is not being thankful!)
4. There are lots of puddles for Camden to jump in (too bad his froggy boots are too small now!)
5. Hopefully the drought has ended in the upstate and GA and next time we go to Six Flags, maybe the fountains will be turned on again!
6. Since I volunteered to water the plants at church on Wednesdays, I have only had to do it one time because of all the rain!
7. I still only have one toilet in the house and one bathtub-oh, wrong subject, and really not being thankful!
8. We don't have a dog right now in our backyard tracking mud through the house-the boys do a good job of that, though!
9. At least there are still more BEAUTIFUL Charleston days than rainy days in this town!
10. It gives me a good excuse to be lazy and stay inside and let the boys watch too much TV and Wii!

I think 10 is enough for now! But I am sure as more rain comes, and it seems to keep coming, I will have more reasons to be thankful in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment