Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I now have blue walls!




Dave spent all of Saturday, the 6th, working on our bathroom! Yeah! It may not look like much has been done, but every little bit means it is closer to being finished. Right now he has blue board nailed to the walls that he will tile over. Bring on the tile.




He has stated all along that if he is going to put a lot of work into the bathroom, that he doesn't want it to look the same-meaning he wants the walls to not remain the same color. Although I am pleased with the sage color of our walls, I saw a different color scheme in a house that I really like-blue and chocolate brown. Since we have green mainly in the house, everywhere, I can't go all out with these 2 colors, but I can change from burgundy and green to blue and green. I found a pillow in Marshall's with both colors in it; put it on our bed to try out; and Dave is convinced that the colors will work with our forest green suede finished bedroom walls. I am not sure if we will be painting our bathroom (which is connected and open to our room) blue, but blue accents will definitely work. And I get to redo our valances and replace our pictures on our wall. I have always liked the way our room looked, but a little change can be fun! I REALLY want to redo our kitchen walls, but starting that will be opening a big can of worms that would cost more money than we have right now, so I will change colors in our bedroom and try not to be envious of other's kitchens :)

Oh, and the blue I want to accent with is not the present blue!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see the finished bathroom! You think it will happen this year LOL :)

    ReplyDelete