Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas Projects

I love to work on projects-in fact I have about 3-4 going on right now; just finished one tonight and have at least 4-5 in my mind to start! This Christmas I had a project list going that almost was completed (one I will just have to save for next year). I made several photo books; lots of place mats (with the finishing help of my mom!); and one quilt. The quilt was for my 5 year old nephew; supposed to be for his 5 yr old birthday, but since that happened the day before Nathan's and 3 weeks before Camden's, it had to wait until Christmas! Right now quilting is at the top of my list of fun projects-it is neat for me to see how lots of pieces of material can come together to make something so beautiful. And it is rewarding to see your nephew not stop holding onto a present you gave him!













Nathan also got into projects this Christmas and I think I have ruined him! I am always doing 2-3 things at a time and never sitting still. This is how I get my projects done, it drives Dave crazy! One day during December I asked Nathan if he wanted me to read Jotham to him. At the time he was working on a blanket he was making for his cousin. Instead of stopping, he asked me if I could read it to him while he worked!! Another time he asked if he could tie his blanket while watching TV! If he keeps this up, will he drive his wife crazy for doing too many things, or will she be grateful for a multitasking husband!

1 comment:

  1. Declan LOVES his quilt! He sleeps with it and cuddles up with it when watching TV. He thinks it's so special! What a special aunt my kids have!... And Ashton loves her blanket, and she too got caught up in the frenzy and made Rob one! Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete