Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, January 11, 2010

Trading spaces without any trading!

I feel like Dave and I are on Trading Spaces this weekend! He buys one new piece of furniture and suddenly our life focuses on rearranging our upstairs. Of course he would say that if I would let him keep the gun case in the living room, then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in (literally!). Well, that won't be happening! And if he ever does get a deer, any part of the deer can only hang in the shed out back!

So we have moved our huge desk ensemble from one side of the room to the other. Moved the heavy armoire to the other side and hauled the gun case upstairs. Our backs are a little, I mean a lot, sore. But the mess is in the fact that everything is being cleaned out in the process in order to fit it all upstairs in some organized manner. I am excited that even though all my scrapbook stuff is out of the armoire and right now sitting on a folding table in the middle of the room, I am being given (sort of) the desk for my cropping, sewing, etc! I am setting it up like my own office! Dave gets his fish stuff on one side, and I am going to put up some of my own decorations on the desk-at least when I can find it!




I am now in the middle of painting my bookcase that I have had all my life. I think it has been painted at least 5 times now, 3 since we were married. First I painted it green to match our "colors" (and graffitied the back); then it became white to match Nathan's nursery; now it is going to be black to match the trim on the desk and it will sit on top of the desk like a hutch. (I am beginning to question my sanity, however, for picking black when I now know it will take several coats to not be streaky and my hand may permanently be stuck in a brush holding position!) But I do think it will turn out nice, even though it will take a little bit longer than the 2 days that trading spaces gets :)

1 comment:

  1. I see you were getting some cooking ideas while moving furniture around :)

    ReplyDelete