Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's a dirty job...


Well, Nathan has never been one to be neat--he is always being told to "wipe your mouth" and he has stains on almost all of his clothes. And when playing baseball, he takes after Dave and has to be falling on the ground the whole game! He comes home dirtier than anyone else on his team. His Papa nicknamed him Dr. Dirt! (I will admit, though, that in high school when working at Chick-fil-A, my boss used to tell me that I was so covered with chicken batter that they could fry me! He does come by it naturally!?!) When he was in the first grade, I used to always think how dirty he was after school, but then thought, no, it is all boys, not just mine. I was wrong. I was speaking to some other moms one day and they did admit that their boys got dirty also, but Nathan did seem to get a little dirtier! They noticed so it must have been bad!







But the worse was today! It rained yesterday so the field at school was muddy, but their PE teacher thought it was dry enough. So out they went and down Nathan went on the ground. His teacher admitted that by the time she realized that it was not such a good idea to go on the field, it was too late! She also said that the FIRST time Nathan fell was an accident, but he seemed to enjoy it after that! Other kids did get dirty, but he was the ONLY one this muddy! It had to be my boy! It's a dirty job, and Nathan will do it! At least it all came out in the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment