Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The ups and downs of couponing

Well, I have been doing good with this couponing thing (at least in my mind, can't compare to the queens of coupons out there!), but I went over $100 this week! It is amazing that not too long ago I was spending 100+ dollars every week and not thinking a thing about it, but now I am $8 over and am mad at myself!! Why? Well, triple couponing got me some deals, but too many deals do add up! And then I did want that hummus! Got to have a late night snack! And the twinkies! It is Nathan's fault! I had my Publix stuff lined up with my 25 cent chocolate chips, my 60 cent cookie dough, my 50 cent sour cream, and my free tylenol! But then Nathan finds the twinkies and tells me they are on sale and I have a coupon, but they ended up costing 2.99 after coupon! That blew my total way up there! Ok, I think I am becoming obsessive! Too much consumed chocolate chip cookie dough! Don't have time to bake it when I am clipping coupons!

Oh well, I will do better next week!

1 comment: