Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, May 28, 2018

Saturday evening

Saturday night was our last evening in Quito.  After we finished our hike, we went to the Gomez farm for a pig picking...not sure if they call it that in Ecuador!  It was very good food and I discovered an awesome candy called Bianchi.  It is a caramel covered chocolate!  Not too much chocolate, and lots of caramel!  Yum! 

The farmhouse is on top of a hill and from there you can see a volcano. The volcano has snow on top of it.





There are lots of fruit trees on their farm...passion fruit, bananas, plantains, lemons, dragonfruit...and coffee trees.  I even chewed on a coffee bean.  It tasted like coffee, but since I don't like coffee, it wasn't that good!







Cinnamon tree



Dragon fruit

Coffee Beans


The kind of tree used to make dart guns


We gave the ladies from the church flowers a a thank you gift. 






The church secretary

The pastor's wife

One of our favorite drivers


The first lady I met at the Macas church




The Gomez family

That yummy candy!









Our last stop of the evening was downtown Macas.  We spent some time finishing up our shopping.  In Macas that meant mainly buying snacks to take back home.  I was able to get a bag of Bianchi. 

The sweetest thing that happened for me was that night.  We met the bus at the church and Abigail was waiting for me.  I had left her an English/Spanish Bible storybook, and she had a gift for me.  She and her family gave me a necklace and bracelet.  I also got a big hug from her.  Her family seems to be involved in the church and I am happy for her about that.  She wrote me a note that said "Gracias por su amistad.  Dios bendiga su vida y familia."  (Thank you for your friendship.  God bless your life and family.)  I will always treasure that bracelet!




Family time at the hotel ended our evening before a restless night's sleep due to a karaoke party at the hotel.  We were packed and ready to get going the next day for home!





Camden hanging out with my mom in Columbia!  They had fun together!  I miss my family and was ready to see them again.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment