Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, May 4, 2009

Pray for Chase

I have been reminded this year about how precious life is and how I need to constantly thank God for the health of my family. This past year, we have lost one friend to cancer and our lives have been touched by the cancer of 2 little boys. One is Forrester, whom most of you know about, and the other is our 8 month old neighbor with a brain tumor and subsequent cancer that has spread through his body. It is discouraging to hear of such suffering and although I know in my head that God is in control, I also know that evil does exist and it rears its ugly head all the time. If goodness comes only from God, then where do things like cancer come from? And why does it have to strike little children? And how does an 8 month old come down with stage 4 cancer? These are questions I cannot honestly answer and don't know if I will ever know the answers on earth.

But what I do know is that God is love and He is ultimately in control. This family is hurting and I don't know what their spiritual state is, but I know they are praying and asking for prayer and giving God the credit for things going as well as they are. Chase is home now and only has to go to the clinic one time this week! He still has a long journey, but his parents seem to be leaning on God and their family for support. This is a blessing and I pray that I can do my part in showing God to them and helping them whenever possible.

So I am asking you; please pray for Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment