Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, February 1, 2013

Thank you Halls!!

I have a cold or a sinus infection or allergies or laryngitis or maybe all of these! And I have had these symptoms since last Thursday. I try never to tempt the fates by saying I don't get sick, but since I am sick, I guess I can say that usually, I don't get sick very often. And my children don't get sick often. But this year, well, I had better never say that again!! Too many stomach bugs and coughs and runny noses to count. I even sent in more tissues to school with Nathan because he had used up all of his teachers' supply! So after persevering through all my obligations, like yelling at the basketball game on Saturday when I had no voice, I gave up and got an antibiotic Wednesday night. Not that that has helped too much. I really think it opened up my head and my insides are now pouring out. But in all of this ick, that had better be gone before my birthday!!, I have found comfort in one thing...the pithy sayings on the Halls cough drops. I mean, when you open up a cough drop and get to read "keep you chin up", "you got it in you" (and everyone is getting to hear all that is in you!), "inspire envy" (of what, my cough?), and "don't try harder, do harder", well it just makes me feel so much better!! I understand the nice sayings on the inside of Dove chocolates, but cough drops? I think someone at the Halls company has too much time on their hands. At least it is a private sector job that is secure though. Even if I don't care for the sayings, I do depend on the cough drops; and the strawberry flavor is actually pretty good. So thank you Halls, as I go unwrap a smile :)

1 comment:

  1. Its your birthday...hope you're better by now! You're a comedian! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete