Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, February 4, 2013

My favorite number is 42!

My favorite number is 42, and since I am now 42, I am sure this will be a great year!! So far, today has been very nice. Today, which really started Friday in terms of birthday activities, has been a very nice birthday. My parents came down Friday and we went out to dinner, followed by Charlotte's Web with Camden. Dave and Nathan left that night for an all night laser tag youth group activity. Due to this, Dave and Nathan were a little tired on Saturday! Upwards was our Saturday day, but that night, Dave and I went out to dinner and to see Les Miserables. About halfway through the movie, Dave had to leave because he was feeling sick. He was feeling the effects of being overly tired, however, he did admit that he thought there was too much singing :) Sunday was the Super Bowl, but Monday was the start of getting tons of Happy Birthday messages on Facebook and the phone and Facetime. My sister's family all sang Happy Birthday to me on my Ipad! It was a normal type day with Upwards practice for both boys, homework, and school, but I did get a run in. That always gets my endorphins pumping! Between practices, I got to eat at Taco Spot and get ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Dave and the boys let me go on a shopping trip to Kohls'. I bought a pan (I know, very boring), and a massage roller and ball. The last special thing I did today was to get a mani-pedi! I am going to go to the shooting range tomorrow night, so I figured I should get my nails done. I need as much help as I can get and looking better should at least, well, make my nails look better! And even though my feet aren't seen in February, they are now red for heart health!

So here is to 42!  I look forward to all that is ahead of me!

1 comment: