Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, October 15, 2012

Nathan is 12 years old!!!






I want to say Happy Birthday to my oldest son today.  To say I can't believe he is 12 is an understatement and what I hear from others who have known him since before he was born.  But to think that 12 years have passed since I held that sweet, inquisitive baby in my arms.  To know such love.  It is hard to comprehend!



He is an amazing person.  Not perfect by any stretch as each day shows us; but willing to listen (eventually) about what he has done wrong and having the willingness to want to be a better person.  The one thing he totally excels in is being a great big brother.  He is patient with Camden and tries to teach Camden to do right.  Yes they fight, but not too often.  And I could see Nathan jumping in any situation to save or protect his brother.  Of course he also tries to keep him in line by making sure I know what he has done at school that was not quite right :) 
 
So in honor of brothers, I had to post a video of that card that Camden picked out for Nathan.  I really need to fear about being outnumbered by boys at my house! 

In addition to the card, Nathan also got to go to a preseason NBA exhibition game.  Chicken pot pie, apple pie, and mint chocolate chip ice cream cake made for a great pre-game dinner.  On his actual birthday he was treated to his own sushi roll!!  Nike elite socks, an LSU hoodie, Madden 13 Wii game, and the Avengers movie (along with a little money from other relatives) rounded out some nice presents for his birthday. 

So one more year until he is a teenager...I hope this is a LONG year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment