Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, October 26, 2012

Chocolate, Yearbook ads, socks and an empty box!!

 So what is going on in my life you may wonder....or maybe not!  Fall is always a busy, birthday, fundraising time of year for me.  And this year, despite saying I would not, we ended up selling chocolate bars.  They are not too hard to sell at least.  They are only $1.00 and most people like chocolate.  There were only a few houses that said no without giving us a donation.  A donation means more chocolate bars for Nathan to eat (since Camden doesn't like chocolate!). 
 
I am also the year book advisor this year at the boys' school and Nathan is on the yearbook staff.  I decided that to get the most ads, I would take the yearbook staff kids out and let them sell.  So I have been going to all the businesses around town selling ads.  I feel like everyplace I walk into I am asking them to buy an ad! 
 
And of course Nathan's birthday was a week or so ago and he got birthday money.  He is really into LSU right now (I am really not sure how this happened since no one in our family has even been to Louisiana), so he has ordered socks, a shirt, a pin and a hat.  He has been watching the mailbox everyday looking for his loot to complete his LSU outfit.  The socks came in, along with his black and green Nike elite socks, but he has really been waiting for his hat and pin.

Well today the box showed up on our doorstep.  I left it alone so he could open it.  I was in the other room when I heard, "There's nothing in it!"  And he was right.  Nothing.  Not that they had left out the hat, but the packing slip was in there or the pin had slipped under, well, there was nothing for the pin to slip under.  It was just an empty box.  Some kind of Happy Birthday!!  At least the customer service people were understanding.  They promised to ship another box right away...and promised that it would have something in it this time :)
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Who could say no to that cute face?! We'll buy 2 from him, but you have to make sure Nathan doesn't eat them!

    ReplyDelete