Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, October 14, 2012

California Big Trees



 
 

When we were in California this time, we were able to see the tall Redwook trees. After our time in San Francisco, we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and headed to the John Muir Woods. The trees there were the tallest I have ever seen. It was like a sanctuary walking through the woods.  In fact there were signs asking us to be quiet.  We arrived there 2 hours before they closed, so the crowd was down. I was glad of this so that we didn't have to walk around crowds of people in order to see the trees. I took lots of pictures, but it is very hard to truly get a sense of the trees when they are so tall.  I would definitely recommend this as a stop to anyone going to that part of California.
 




Inside a fallen tree!

Sitting in front of a "slice" of a tree
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Rickey and I been to John Muir Woods. Crazy how big those trees are!!

    ReplyDelete