Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who would have thought?!?!



We made chocolate covered potato chips tonight (because that is what they eat in North Dakota) and they were actually good!  I guess anything dipped in dark chocolate is tasty!

Of course being Valentine's Day, chocolate is a big thing at our house.  Chocolate heart shaped cake, chocolate torte, and Dove chocolate in all sorts of hiding spots!  That would be Blessing #6 in my life...dark chocolate!  It is a nice thought that dark chocolate has some health benefits.  In fact the recipe for the torte was called a sinless dessert!  We even added a few strawberries to our dessert plate to make it healthier!  Poor Camden though...he doesn't like chocolate; only gummies!

But he does like hanging with Nathan.  Which is my blessing # 7.  My boys like to hang out.  Being 6 years apart, they don't have a lot of common interests, except Camden trying to like whatever Nathan does!  Which would involve Nathan's Ipod.

Since I am behind on my blessings list, I will add one from last week.  Blessing #8.  I have a paid off car, but this blessing is also sometimes a burden :)  But when I had my flat tire last week (which could happen in a brand new car), I was able to get to a parking lot that was close to home and Dave was at home and able to help me.  That was a true blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment