Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Being at the wrong place...

at the worst time!!

Dave left for TX this morning to go to compounding medicine school to be certified (although he says he knows it all!!), and Nathan had to be at church at 9 for a skit in the 9:30 service. So my morning began by getting up a little earlier than usual for a Sunday; driving Dave to the airport; and then going straight to church. Since we were early for church (that never happens), I got caught by our preschool director (whose job I would never want!). She asked if I could work in the 5 yr old room during the 9:30 hour. I said I could (can't seem to say no), but after Nathan did his skit. So after the skit, I go to the preschool hallway and the look the director has for me makes me think at first she doesn't need me after all-but alas, she doesn't need me in the 5 yr olds, but in the toddlers. As I walk past the teacher holding a child outside of the classroom, the comment is we also have another problem to deal with. Not thinking much about it, I proceed to help keep children off of one another and to stop one girl from crying, and then I learn the other problem-LICE! I am starting to itch again just thinking about it! Even though I probably won't get lice, it is a yucky possibility. All the kids in that room were given notes about how they needed to wash their hair-so I did that and washed the boys' hair-don't know how far those bugs can jump!

1 comment: