Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Delighting in glasses!?!


Well, the next point in my diary of delighting is that "to make room for delight, we have to commit". I remember the definition of commit from college days and it means to roll something over upon. I like that picture of me rolling over to God-giving myself and my burdens and desires to Him and just laying there-letting Him have control.

Psalm 37:5-6 says to "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

If righteousness comes from God and it is goodness, I think I would like that to shine in my life. I would like people to see Christ in me. As a mom, one way I think of showing Christ is through my children. This may be a little scary since they do tend to show off in the wrong way a lot of times! But I do think our children's behavior is often, but not always, a reflection of how we act at home. I see how many of Nathan's bad behavior is an imitation of me. That's real nice! But I hope his good behavior is at least in part due to something Dave and I are trying to teach him!

Right now we have to teach him to delight in glasses! Although I have yet to see any indication of his needing them, the doctor's exam said she is able to trick kids who may not do their best for whatever reason has gotten into their head about needing glasses. But now that he has them, he doesn't want to wear them, of course! But he does look cute in them and hopefully he really does need them.



And Camden is delighting in going to preschool! Although he has been going to preschool for the past 2 years (and learned his letters last year), it doesn't really seem like real preschool until he is in 2-K and potty trained! So now he is in preschool! And since we waited until the day before to buy his backpack, he has the ugliest one they make! Oh well! Maybe he will wear it out this year and I have an excuse to buy a new one!!
Not so delighted at this point!

Dave picked out this backpack!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I did a double take @ Nathan's picture because I thought you posted a picture of Sage! Then...I looked at Camden and decided I need to rush back to Charleston because all my children are growing up too fast. I've only been gone for 2 1/2 months, how can they look SOOOOO much older that quickly? Give 'em big hugs and kisses from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pics of the boys. And the backpack isn't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan looks great in his glasses! And Camden looks so cute! What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete