Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A delightful weekend!

I have been delighting this weekend, and although I am not calling it the end of the weekend until tomorrow night, it is Sunday night and I just read a great verse from Psalm 37-the chapter of my life this past week! Verse 23 says "if the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes is steps firm"

Point 3 from Beth Moore was if we delight in God, we will receive our desires. This reiterates verse 4, but it is good to say it out loud to myself. Not only do I need to give my desires to God; not only will He give me the heart of my desires; but if I delight in Him, then my desires are His and He grants them. God wants to delight in me, just like I want to delight in my children. And I have been delighting this weekend! It has been a fun filled weekend. After Dave took Nathan and two friends to the Riverdogs Friday night, Saturday he had to work and dove hunt; and Sunday was play practice. So I have been with my kids a lot this weekend! But it has been good! We went to karate (Nathan has a free month!), had a picnic in the park, ate chocolate cake at a bakery that is really a restaurant, hung out in the backyard in this glorious weather, and went to the chilly pool twice because it closes tomorrow (and got to ride our bikes home in the rain from the pool!).


I have found so much to delight in and not all involved my kids. I have a little garden this year which has eggplant, grape tomatoes, and watermelon (the zucchini and squash died!).


We have had several great eggplant parmesan dinners and lots of little tomatoes (which Camden likes to pick, red or green!), but no watermelon. I have had lots of little ones appear, but usually they have gotten knocked off by curious gardeners.


Last night, however, I found one that has potential! It still has to grow a lot, but it is much bigger than a tiny bud of a melon. I am excited! It is truly fun to be able to delight in small things!

No comments:

Post a Comment