Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, June 26, 2009

All roads lead to Rome!



What a week! We had backyard Bible club at our house this week and the theme was the underground church in Rome and Paul's letters to them. I had a lot of fun and I hope have planted a lot of seeds for salvation of young hearts. Another lady and I hosted the backyard Bible club at my home and we had 9 children from the neighborhood and several kids from our church. Most of the kids said they were Christians (or were 4 yrs old and not clear on how to answer the question), but 2 are asking questions about salvation. One of these 2 does not come from a Christian family, I don't think. I'm not sure of some of the others who said they are Christians, but they did hear the gospel this week and know they can't just be "good" in order to be saved. I will continue to pray for these kids as they are precious to God.





At nighttime VBS during the same week, I was asked to "just do snacks"! There is no such thing as "just" when snacks are involved!! My partner and I were able to serve some "authentic" Italian dishes! Well at least they were tasty!! It was a treat to get to see all the children come through, and a challenge to not kill the children who have allergy concerns!! Yes, my feet are very sore as I am starting this blog, but I am sure I will forget all about my sore feet by the time I am asked to help in VBS next year!!

I do love VBS and BYBC and plan to do it as long as I can. I remember my Grandad did the snacks at his church's VBS when he was in his late 80's and early 90's! I hope I can continue to help in VBS when I am that old, even if it is "just" to do snacks :)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, you are awesome! Best snacks ever! And Laura turned me on to some new flipflops (Yellowbox) in the middle of VBS to help with my aching feet!

    ReplyDelete