Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Ecuador 2018

After making many cookies for many people, the trip to Ecuador finally happened and I am now starting to blog about it.  I am doing this to get my thoughts of the trip together and to share about the trip to those who may be interested.  This set of blog posts should be finished in a few weeks.  As I usually blog about trips, I will start at the beginning!


There were 28 of us on the Ecuador mission team from CBC



We started our trip at the Charleston airport at 10 in the morning.  It was nice to not have to arrive at the crack of dawn!  We were excited for our adventure-excited to see how God will use us-and we were full of energy and snacks!  Nathan brought a giant sub from Jersey Mike's and I brought PB crackers!  I got through security ok, but not without a pat down because I kept beeping!  I think it was my running/money belt.  Nathan lost bug spray..hope the malaria meds work!




Having fun in the Charleston airport!

A short flight to Atlanta, lunch in the airport, a 4 hour layover, and then we were really on our way to Ecuador!  It was a 4-5 hour flight and I was able to watch two movies...Murder on the Orient Express and You've Got Mail.


Nathan on our flight to Atlanta


My seat mates on the plane to Ecuador

Always taking nice pictures!



Everyone excited to be on the plane to Ecuador!!



We landed in Quito around 10:30 and I was able to get my first stamp in my passport!!








We made it to Quito!!!



A chartered but met us at the airport, and we barely got all of our luggage in the bus!  We had to stow some in the bus instead of all under the bus.  We had a hour trip to get to our hotel.

Driving to the hotel


After coordination of rooms...I roomed with Natalie and Brittney...I was able to take a quick shower and head to bed.  For one of the first times ever, I fell asleep the first night in new place.  I guess I was tired!  And ready to be rested for our day of touring Quito!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the blog and details to come!!! I hate that I missed it and can't wait to live thru your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete