Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, December 18, 2016

On the sixth day of Christmas...

I was blessed with being able to be in the Christmas drama at church.




 Since this is the sixth day, I want to note that there were 6 of us involved in the drama :)  Five actors in the picture and one great director who avoided the picture!  Thanks Tammy for your hard work!

The play centered around a young boy and his babysitter and a nativity set.  I was the mom of the boy who is my real life boy, Camden.  The boy, along with the handy man and myself were able to tell the story of Christmas to his babysitter by using the nativity set her grandfather left her in his will.  What made it even more special to me is that the nativity set used is one that my grandparents made.  It is a beautiful old set that they cast in ceramic and painted themselves.  It is truly a treasure!  And although the girl hearing the story today already knows the meaning of Christmas, I pray that this set was able to show God's love to someone who was listening today.

No comments:

Post a Comment