Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

On the ninth day of Christmas....

I did my last long run before the marathon!
It was a long and slow run!  But I made it 21 miles in order to prepare for the 26.2 on January 14!  I have listened to every Christmas book I could find on the library website during my training.  It is funny how I will be running in a spot and think of one of the books I have listened to while running there at an earlier date.  I do enjoy the training, but am making the statement now that this is my last marathon except the  NY marathon when I get picked through the lottery.  (I will never qualify...remember I said it was a SLOW run!)  Or if I have the opportunity to run the LA marathon again.  Or maybe the Disney marathon; well I will probably opt for the half on that one!  I think the half distance is the better one for me!   But I am thankful for the ability to run.  And that I don't have to run that far again in 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment