Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Friday, January 17, 2014

Almost ready!

Tomorrow is the big day!!  I have faithfully followed my training program...well almost.  And even though it has been tons of running, I have enjoyed it.  And my knees have been good.  I am definitely glad I did the training!  I have especially followed the training the last 2 weeks to make sure that I was ready.  This has been an easy 2 weeks.  The long runs were only 9 and 8 miles (yes, I can't believe I am saying only).  And the last exercise was a 2 mile walk.  Walks are so slow!!!  I actually only made it 1.5 miles.

But tomorrow, do or die, I am running 26.2 miles.  I went to pick up my bib today and even bought my 26.2 sticker.  I am planning on earning it!  It was a weird expo for me.  Usually I am trying the free samples and looking at all the wares for sale.  But this time I was nervous.  My stomach felt full of butterflies.  I think one thing I am nervous about is the weather.  I want some cold, but not wind.  Forecast now does not say wind, but outside..well hopefully it will not be windy tomorrow!

But either way, tomorrow is the day!  One more thing to check off my bucket list!!  See you at the finish line!  

1 comment: