Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, July 28, 2013

No more cookie books :(

I am feeling a little lost.  I have read all of my cookie store murder books.  At least until more are written :)  They are actually named Hannah Swensen Mysteries, by Joanne Fluke.  How I usually read a series that I find is to go back to the beginning and read all the books in order.  I did that with these books and really enjoyed them. There were 17 in all and each had several recipes that I am have tried or am waiting to try.  In fact, for our Music Minister's good-bye fellowship tonight, I made Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies.  They are good, even though Dave and I both agree that they would be better without pretzels.  But the salt is good taste added to the cookie.  And the molasses are an awesome addition!!  And if I finish here soon, I might make the Lovely Lemon Bars.

So I am now looking for more books to read.  I do have a lot in my stack, so I should be okay.  I really enjoyed this culinary mystery series, and culinary series seem to be popular.  But I am thinking that my waistline needs an exercise series next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment