Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cupcakes!!


I have become addicted to cupcakes! We like to watch Cupcake Wars at our house and it always makes me want cupcakes. There are three cupcake stores that I know of in Charleston right now, but my favorite has been and continues to be Cupcake. The cupcakes there are so pretty and even though I am not an icing person, I like their icing. This summer I discovered that on the back of their loyalty card is a list of the daily specials for the summer. I used to always get Red Velvet, which is still my favorite, but I thought it would be fun to taste all of the specials; at least the ones that sound good. So far we have made it to every day we want but Sunday. We are missing Pink Lemonade. My favorite special is the Chocolate Strawberry, but Cherry Limeade and Key Lime are really good too. My least favorites are Watermelon (even though it is so cute because is has a green cake, pink frosting, and chocolate chips seeds) because it tastes to candyish (too artificial for you Cupcake War fans!) and Salted Caramel Chocolate. I was really looking forward to the second one, but it was too salty. Although my favorite Cupcake store is downtown Charleston, there are at least 3 others. One in Mt. Pleasant, one in Columbia, and one in Greenville.
 
Chocolate Strawberry, Cherry Limeade, and Creamsicle from Cupcake
 

The other two stores have their merits too. Sugar is another downtown store. What I like about their cupcakes is that they have fillings in many of them, and lots of different flavors like lemon, lime, and orange. Their icing is good too, but their cakes tend to be taste stale. The last store is named Butter, I think. My friend Ashley treated me to their cupcakes recently and the praline cake was really good. The icing to me is not the best, but the cake and praline was delish! So all in all, I am becoming a cupcake connoisseur. And why not...everyone loves cupcakes!!!




1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of those cupcakes! ;) Wish we were there to get some cupcakes together!

    ReplyDelete