Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanks to my sons' choir teachers

I want to thank my children's choir teachers for all they do. It was awesome to see both of them sing in the Christmas play at church tonight. With all the wiggling and the yawning, I am surprised the teachers could get any singing out of the kids at all. But the kids sang and even if I couldn't hear them from the stage, I have heard them at home singing their songs again and again. But what was really great about this years' songs, was Nathan's solo. We went to our neighbor's Christmas drop-in and Nathan, being the usual talker, ended up telling one of the grandmothers about his solo. The next thing I knew, the lady was quieting everyone and announcing that there was a performance. Then with all eyes on him, Nathan sweetly sang "You can know Him". I was so proud of him because it was hard to sing in front of people that were not expecting a Christian song. But he was able to do so because he was given the opportunity to sing a solo in the church's Christmas program. So thanks to the ladies who take time each week to teach my children songs about Christ. You are truly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. That's so great- that song so beautifully and simply presented the gospel. What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete