Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Sunday, June 6, 2010

NC or bust


I have done many crazy things in my life, and this is just one of them. I have taken a field trip with the boys to NC. Nathan has been getting these state highlights magazines and I thought it would be fun to focus on one a week (or 2) and learn about that state. Since he had one for NC, I thought it would also be fun to take a "field trip" to NC! (It would really be fun to take a field trip to Colorado, but my couponing money can only go so far!) We only have 2 days, so we drove as far as Wilmington and I am now sitting in a Sleep Inn typing on my blog while my boys sleep.



Today we left Charleston and drove to Calabash for dinner. It was very yummy! We toured the docks and the huge souvenir store. Since Dave and I had just been there recently, it was all quite familiar! After buying a few items (like PJ bottoms since I left mine at home), we hightailed it to Wilmington.


I am not sure why there is an Amish looking buggy in Calabash


Tomorrow I think we will tour Wilmington; a few museums; maybe a boat ride; maybe visit the USS North Carolina. Then drive home Tuesday through Fort Fisher and see the aquarium and fort. We will see what happens in the morning. This is a fun trip, so we will just go as the wind blows!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so much fun!! We got two of those highlight magazines. I think ours was for Texas and maybe Arizona.

    So has Nathan starting to highlight a big map as to all the states he's been to?

    ReplyDelete