Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Thursday, June 3, 2010

National Running Day

Yesterday, Wednesday, June 2, was National Running Day and to celebrate Camden and I went running of course!! He loves to run and it is so cute. Even when he is running where he is not supposed to (like out of the gym and around the corner and into people!), I don't always have the heart to tell him to stop because he enjoys it so much. Eric Liddell said that "God made me fast. When I run, I feel His pleasure." I don't think I am as fast as he was or as 90% of my former track team was, but I do run pretty fast. And I enjoy that feeling, at least for a short sprint! I can understand why Eric Liddell said that on two levels. One in the running itself and second in watching Camden run. Just like my Heavenly Father likes to see me enjoying things that He gave me a talent to do, I also enjoy watching my children doing what they do well; and for Camden it is running.

One final thought. I have two sons. One doesn't like walking. The other can't stop talking! What a pleasure to see their differences!

1 comment: