Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Disney!

Well, the deed is done...we are booked for our fabulous Disney vacation! I have been couponing and eating out of the freezer and our money goal is almost met, but in the meantime, we are booked! We (my family, my sister's and our parents) have all been saving money to go to Disney in the fall, and although we aren't quite at our goal, we knew we needed to book our week before the deal was sold out. It was a complete blessing that we only had to put down a $200 deposit and pay the rest in August. I can save the rest before then!

In the meantime, we have been having a blast deciding which restaurants to eat at, what day to go to what park, and how we are going to possibly do it all in 6 days! Last time we only had 3, but with 6 we are having a hard time fitting it all in :) Since we have 11 in our group, we are considered a Grand Gathering and the name given to our group is Amy's Army. I thought the reservationist had a good idea with this name. I have been on the phone with Disney several times already booking dinners and my family has referred to me as their travel agent. But I have enjoyed it and can't wait to go. We are going to have the best time!!! Lots of character dinners, eating at a cool looking Mexican restaurant and getting many autographs from Mickey and friends!

In the meantime, I have to keep my eye on the goal. More couponing; more dinners at home; and lots more saving our pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment