Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Monday, May 17, 2010

17 Years!


I just got back from celebrating with Dave our 17th anniversary and we had a great time! Although May is always a busy month, I was determined that we were going away this year to celebrate on our actual anniversary. I was especially determined not just because we don't get away often, but we got married on a Sunday, and our anniversary was on a Sunday this year. So despite all the busyness of May, we got away to celebrate on May 16.

We went to Ocean Isle, NC and stayed at a small resort with a room on the beach. We kept the window open at night and could hear the surf crashing on the sand. During the day we laid around by the pool and read without having to watch the boys. I also worked on my tan (insert laugh track here) and didn't get too burnt. We drove to Calabash to eat great seafood and went to a movie. On the way home Monday we stopped at the Mystic Day Spa (this name has significance since we honeymooned in Mystic, CT) and we both had awesome massages. Of course when we stopped for lunch I looked like I had not washed my hair for a week since the massage oil was in it! But no one knew me and it was worth it!

And Dave found a perfect description of me on a candle. He made me buy it!

To top the whole weekend off, though, I received wonderful news when we got home. May 16 now is even more special--it is the day that my oldest nephew asked Jesus to be his Savior and now he is a Christian! Marriage is great and children are awesome, but having them come to know Christ when they are young is true joy!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Sweet comments! You're right now May 16th will be special for 2 reasons! ... And the candle is a perfect description of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you got to celebrate on your anniversary and with a overnight getaway to boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know we love that area! We celebrate our anniversary there every year. How exciting about your nephew- no better news than that!

    ReplyDelete