Life with the Shirley Family

Life with the Shirley Family

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So much to be thankful for!

I got to spend my Thankgiving in Memphis this year, and although I am not thankful that it is a 12+ hour drive, I was grateful to have the ability to get there!

We started out Thanksgiving morning by participating in a relay race-pass the turkey leg baton-and I mean a literal turkey leg! We had to run for 2 miles with that leg! It got very heavy!

But then on to my sister's home where we got to eat turkey! Thanksgiving day is always fun with lots of running around getting things ready; finally sitting down and eating (well at least the people without kids got to sit down for the whole meal!); and then relaxing while we ignore the dishes!



And the rest of the weekend? Shopping!! And some fun excursions like The Big Backyard exhibit (I have big plans for my own now!), Gibson's donuts, and lots of picture taking opporunities!
Reading on the porch!
I want a swing like this!
Playing on wormhill!

Flower beds!




And what I am thankful for this year? Top of the list is my family. I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the big flower "bed" in your backyard :)

    And I LOVE your new blog picture of you and Camden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thankful for you all! Had so much fun with you!... I like the pic too!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete